Sunday, June 15, 2008

Third time is almost the charm


After our last classes I went to the Rockefeller Museum and then to the Dome of the Rock (temple mount) for the third time. It is a really cool area and very peaceful. I was going with some people who had never been before. First you have to wait in line and then pass through security to get on the grounds. As we were walking around I noticed that one of the doors was open. The Mosque is very beautiful and is a house of prayer, very few people who are not of the Muslim faith get in. People were going inside and I told my friends- "it is open and people are getting in!" We ran to the door and looked inside. A man stopped us and asked us if we were Muslim. I said we were not and then we talked to him for a little while. He eventually told us that we could not get in because it is for Muslims only. It was the closest I have ever been to getting inside. It was an exciting day. Now we have to study for the two finals we have tomorrow. CRAZY!!!

No comments: