Monday, May 5, 2008

Falafels are the best!




I just saw all the cool comments on everyone else's blogs and I wanted to write again today to say how fun its been. This'll be a short one. But we have so much homework its insane. We've been trying to get it all done before egypt but we had our old testament mid term this friday and a few papers and assignments due, not to mention the reading. But its all good. These last few days we've had a little free time in the afternoon and so we've gone out. Today we did homework first and went out for a few hours before dinner. Our goal was to get sandals. Jenn, Brandon, Kevin, and I all went out. Brandon and I bought falafels. They were so good! i can't even tell you whats in them though. We just walked around looking at things and got a little lost, took pictures at Damascus Gate and bought sandals. I'll let jenn post the pic with the sandals. They're way cute, comfortable, and cheap! that could be an advertisement. I should go into marketing. After dinner we came back and began to study up on the 7th floor balcony and saw the sun set. It was incredible, this picture won't even be able to do it justice. Then the mosque next door began to read from the Koran on the loud speakers about 5 min before the usual call to prayer. Then they did the call to prayer and we were just looking over the city. It was so beautiful at dusk and again! (like what happens every time I look out on the city) I was just filled with this love attack feeling. What a loving Heavenly Father I have, who would make this possible for me. Its all incrediblele. Well back to studying! I love you all and miss you all! comment on my blog! we're having a competition....

p.s. we just found out that they took Sanai out of our itinerary. sad. But there's just too much to do, oh well. We'll just have to come back. oh well. :D

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey just so you know I love that you guys all post so often! I love checking your blog and always having something new to read :)
The pictures are great Jerusalem is such a beautiful place. be careful the store owners know you are "new" and don't know how to barter yet :)

Anonymous said...

Sinai is saved for CW someday...I'll go visit it with you all! Love the photo of the sunset...love ALL your photos! Keep them coming. It is the next best thing to being there. Thanks for sharing. A "secret" admirer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Deborah. I see that it is already 9:12 a.m. there! Hope you have a fantastic day. Allison and William, your birthday triplets, are celebrating your big day as well. So glad you are part of our eternal circle! Enjoy YOUR day! Love, your not so secret admirer.

Tam said...

DEB!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! One year older, and wiser too! Hope it is filled with special memories. Enjoy every moment, even the studious ones.

Anonymous said...

you're so cool!